Is Home laser hair removal safe?
Laser hair removal methods have been a topic of continuous debate for decades. While half of the majority of the beauticians claim this technique to be the most effective and safest hair removal methods, many also have a different opinion. And this is where ordinary people get crushed. Hence, in this article, we will try out to unveil the real truth behind using home-devices for laser hair removal. So, let’s start our discussion without any further ado.
They come with Medically Safe labels.
If you are afraid of using your home laser hair removal devices, then there is a piece of good news for you. Every home device comes with a medically safe label that ensures that you won’t get any side effects while using it. Moreover, each device is also testified under the FDA and similar governing bodies to reduce the rate of fraudulent activities. However, if your device doesn’t bear such labels, then it is better to be safe than sorry in the future. Another trick is to visit the FDA website and check for the devices that have been registered over there.
Various Laser ray settings are provided
Each skin differs from one another based on various factors, including color, texture, melanin accumulation, and many more. And as each skin has to be treated differently and within the specified range of laser light, laser hair removal devices come with various options. Starting from low for very fair skin to powerful ones for darker tones, you can find what you are looking for. Furthermore, the cosmetic companies also provide their customers with a color chart which can help them determine the perfect laser wavelength for their body, thereby avoiding any skin abrasions or rupture.
They use non-ionizing radiation.
According to the various reports and studies that were done on the laser hair removal devices, it is clear that they only use non-ionizing radiations. These radiations, when comes in contact with the skin, it is not able to penetrate deep down the skin and cause DNA damage or mutations. Similarly, their only work is to heat the hair follicles, which then forces them to go into a dormant stage for a much longer time as compared to other hair removal methods.
However, there are also some things to remember when you are opting for these devices. These include:
- In case you are doing it for the first time, it is often advised to consult your doctor or dermatologist first. This can help you in determining the perfect wavelength of laser rays you need for your hair removal procedure.
- Never go overboard with the rays. Some color tones might take longer to show the desired results. Hence you must avoid making over-contact with the radiations to be on the safe side.
- You can also use the device on a smaller area first to check if your body behaves aggressively when it comes in contact with the rays. This step is of much value in case you have a sensitive body or are taking powerful medications.
- Never compromise quality to save some bucks. Always make sure that you go through the reviews and collect as much info possible before even thinking of clicking on the ‘Purchase’ option.
- Taking the help of friends and family is also advised. This can help you to streamline your search and the need to scratch your head while scrolling through numerous websites for the best laser hair removal device.
Home laser hair removal devices are gaining popularity amongst masses of all ages as they are providing remarkable results with no need for booking regular appointments with your beautician. So, if you are looking for the best device, then why wait any more?