Is Home Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Laser hair removal methods have been a topic of constant debate for decades. While the majority of beauticians claim that this technique is the most effective and safest hair removal option, many also have concerns. This makes it difficult for the rest of us to know who to believe. In this article, we will try to reveal the truth behind using home devices for laser hair removal.
Medically Safe Labels.
If you are afraid of using home laser hair removal devices, then there is a piece of good news for you. Every home device comes with a medically safe label that ensures that you won’t get any side effects while using it. All devices must also be approved by the FDA and similar governing bodies to reduce the rate of fraudulent activities. However, if your device doesn’t bear such labels, then it is best to avoid, as the safety isn’t guaranteed. You may also want to visit the FDA website and check for the devices that have been registered there.
Various Laser Ray Settings
Everyone’s skin differs from one another based on various factors, including color, texture, melanin accumulation, and many more. Since different skin has to be treated differently and within a specified range of laser light, laser hair removal devices come with various options. Starting from low for very fair skin to powerful ones for darker tones, you can find what you are looking for. Furthermore, cosmetic companies also provide their customers with a color chart which can help them determine the perfect laser wavelength for their body, thereby avoiding any skin injuries.
According to the various reports and studies that were done on the laser hair removal devices, it is clear that they only use non-ionizing radiations. These radiations, when they come in contact with the skin, are not able to penetrate deep through the skin and cause DNA damage or mutations. Similarly, their only work is to heat the hair follicles, which then forces them to go into a dormant stage for a much longer time as compared to other hair removal methods.
However, there are also some things to remember when you are using these devices:
- If you are using it for the first time, it is often advised to consult your doctor or dermatologist. This can help you in determining the perfect wavelength of laser rays for your hair removal procedure.
- Never go overboard with the rays. Some skin tones might take longer to show the desired results. Even if you are impatient, you must avoid overuse of the device to be on the safe side.
- You can also use the device on a smaller area first to see if your skin has any negative reaction. This step can prevent you from damaging large areas of skin inadvertently.
- Never compromise on the quality of your device just to save money. Always make sure that you go through the reviews and gather as much information as possible before even thinking of purchasing a new device.
- The personal reviews of family and friends can be invaluable. You can trust their word much more than online reviews, and their recommendations can make your search easier and less stressful.
Home laser hair removal devices are gaining popularity with people of all ages as they offer remarkable results with no need for booking constant appointments with a beautician. If you want the best, most convenient option for hair removal, stop waiting and go find a home laser device to fit your needs.