IPL hair removal
How does IPL work?
- Light energy from IPL is absorbed by the melanin in the hair, which then turns to heat and destroys the hair cells.(Shown in the image below)
Is it safe?
- There have been numerous worldwide studies that demonstrate the safety and effectiveness of IPL for hair removal. Due to this fact, it has become an extremely popular safe and effective method of hair removal at home and in clinics.
Does it hurt?
- No, one of the biggest advantages of IPL over other types of laser is that it is far less painful. Most customers explain that there is no pain whatsoever or the feeling as a warm sensation on the skin.
How long does it take before I start seeing results?
- Most customers begin to notice a reduction of hair after just 3-4 treatments, with complete results after 12 treatments. However, results vary from person to person.
How often do I use it?
- Stage 1. Twice a week for the first 4 weeks.
- Stage 2. Once a week for the 4-8 weeks.
- Stage 3. Treat when needed after 8-12 weeks.
What areas of my body can I use this on?
- You can use your handset on almost anywhere on your body, including your Brazilian and face (just be sure to not get too close to your eyes). Do not use on the most sensitive part of the body(genital or anus)
How long do I need to use it?
- We recommend using your handset once a week for the first 12 weeks. After this period use your handset once a month, for 3 months or until satisfied. To maintain hairless smooth skin, use your handset once every 2 to 3 months, or as needed.
Is it safe to use over freckles or moles?
- You should not IPL over very dark freckles or moles, however light freckles are fine.
Does the IPL work on all hair colors?
- IPL relies on melanin in the hair absorbing the light energy, and therefore IPL is not effective on very light blonde, red, or grey coloured hair.
Is it safe to use IPL over tattoos?
- No, you should not IPL over tattoos. However, going around tattoos is fine.
Is IPL safe to use while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Although there is no evidence showing that IPL has negative effects on pregnant or breastfeeding women, we still do not recommend using our handset as a precaution and unknown complications.
Does the IPL come with a warranty?
- Yes, our handsets come with a 12-month warranty